- Resources24 JanuaryContent Type: DocumentsCreated: 2016Language: EnglishCountry: PakistanLevel: Advanced
- ResourcesContent Type: DocumentsCreated: 2017Language: EnglishCountry: PakistanLevel: Advanced
- ResourcesContent Type: DocumentsCreated: 2016Language: EnglishCountry: PakistanLevel: Advanced
- ResourcesContent Type: DocumentsCreated: 2014Language: EnglishCountry: PakistanLevel: Intermediate, Advanced
THE PLATFORM PROVIDES
- Best-practice guidance on 25 key topics linked to the cycle of assessment to enhance understanding of assessment.
- Resources and tools to help identify and address gaps in assessment systems.
- In-depth guidance on how to better analyze and use assessment data.
- Community fora to enable peer knowledge sharing and exchange in the region, foster a community around assessment, seek and provide support, and discuss key assessment topics.
National Education Assessment System (NEAS)
NEAS was established in Islamabad under administrative control of the Ministry of Federal Education & Professional Training, linked with Provincial Education Assessment Centres (PEACEs) and Area Education Assessment Centres (AEACs).
NEAS has been institutionalized in Pakistan at national level with the cooperation of provincial and area Assessment Centers. Initially, NEAS and its sister provincial and area education assessment organizations were established as five-year development projects with the financial assistance of the World Bank and Department for International Development (DfID) in 2003. After realizing its significance in the education system, NEAS was made a regular feature of the education system and is now a subordinate Office under Ministry of Federal Education & Professional Training.
- National Achievement Testing (NAT)
Aga Khan University Examination Board (AKU-EB)
AKU-EB is a Pakistan based examination and education system that was established in 2003 by Aga Khan University, in accordance with Ordinance CXIV of the Government of Pakistan. The system covers three separate programmes of education: The Middle School Programme (MSP), the Secondary School Certificate (SSC) and the Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC). Together, these three programmes account for a student’s instruction from Grade 6 to Grade 12, after which they may pursue higher education. AKU-EB’s syllabi are based on the national curriculum of Pakistan and are aimed at being accessible to both English and Urdu medium schools. Furthermore, AKU-EB’s examination system is intended to function within both the public and private spheres of Pakistani education. It represents an indigenous educational movement created for Pakistani students, with an emphasis on concept-based learning and a conscious rejection of rote memorization that plagues many Pakistani schools today.
- Middle School exam
- Secondary School Certificate exam
- Higher Secondary School Certificate exam
Balochistan Examination and Assessment Commission (BEAC)
BEAC was established for conducting examinations in all public and private schools of elementary education in Balochistan province for the year 2020. BEAC will also conduct periodic systemic assessments.
- BAEC Annual Exams
Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Elementary and Secondary Education Department
Elementary and Secondary Education Department is the largest of all departments of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. 3.9 million Students are learning in more than 28000 Government institutions having more that 1,19,000 teachers.
Punjab Education Assessment System (PEAS)
PEAS, School Education Department, Govt. of Punjab conducts research to explore students’ learning achievement level at National and Provincial levels and tries to identify factors influencing students’ achievement.
VISUALIZATION AND MAPPING TOOL
In the final version of the site, this section will link to a country-specific, interactive data visualization and mapping tool. It will run offline with no installation, and allow for any country-level data to be imported using an Excel template. Where relevant, maps at different levels (e.g. state/province, district) will be made available.