- Resources24 JanuaryContent Type: DocumentsCreated: 2016Language: EnglishCountry: AfghanistanLevel: Advanced
- ResourcesContent Type: DocumentsCreated: 2018Language: EnglishCountry: AfghanistanLevel: Intermediate, Advanced
- Resources16 OctoberContent Type: Tools & SoftwareCreated: 2019Language: EnglishCountry: AfghanistanLevel:
- ResourcesContent Type: Tools & SoftwareCreated: 2015Language: EnglishCountry: AfghanistanLevel: Intermediate
THE PLATFORM PROVIDES
- Best-practice guidance on 25 key topics linked to the cycle of assessment to enhance understanding of assessment.
- Resources and tools to help identify and address gaps in assessment systems.
- In-depth guidance on how to better analyze and use assessment data.
- Community fora to enable peer knowledge sharing and exchange in the region, foster a community around assessment, seek and provide support, and discuss key assessment topics.
For the first time in Afghanistan’s history a draft National Assessment Framework for Afghanistan (NAFA) has been adopted by the Ministry of Education (MoE) in 2017, including classroom based and formative assessments. While the operationalisation of this framework is a work in progress, in line with the ongoing Curriculum Reform process, the ‘Quality’ component of the Education Cannot Wait (ECW) funded Multi Year Response Plan (MYRP) will support;
(i) the development of an improved accountability system at local, regional and national levels for strengthened measurement of learning achievements;
(ii) undertaking context-specific assessments related to early grade reading, numeracy assessments;
(iii) monitoring and measuring learning outcomes of students, and
(iv) supporting the MoE in conducting formal exams as per current curriculum.
VISUALIZATION AND MAPPING TOOL
In the final version of the site, this section will link to a country-specific, interactive data visualization and mapping tool. It will run offline with no installation, and allow for any country-level data to be imported using an Excel template. Where relevant, maps at different levels (e.g. state/province, district) will be made available.